Yield: 24 oysters
- 1 stick butter
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons minced parsley
- 24 oysters in shell
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Melt butter. Stir in garlic and set aside to cool and thicken slightly.
- Mix Parmesan, breadcrumbs, and parsley; set aside.
- Shuck oysters, draining the liquor (save it to flavor some rice or couscous). Cover the bottom of a sheet pan or cast-iron skillet with rock salt.
- Top each oyster with about 1 teaspoon butter-garlic mixture, and enough cheese-breadcrumb mixture to cover the open shell. Place oysters on rock salt. Bake 10 minutes. Use tongs to remove oysters.
Baked Catfish with Herbs – catfish fillets topped with an herb blend, butter, and lemon and baked until golden. Quick and easy weeknight dinner.